Flathead Celtic Festival
September 17th, 2016 Herron Park
FREE and open to the Public!!!
The Flathead Celtic Festival is an event in which those with an appreciation of Celtic (those from the seven Celtic Nations; Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Cornwall, Isle of Man, Galicia and Brittany) heritage and may come together and celebrate or learn about the heritage of others.
The mission of the Flathead Celtic Festival is to educate those with a Celtic heritage in their culture or to educate those interested in learning about other cultures, regardless of their background. This event will include music, athletics, wares, Flathead Valley history in this regard, familial history (clans), food, and dancing.
In order to continue its mission, the Flathead Celtic Festival’s goals are as follows;
1. Great music from locals and abroad.
2. Highland Games (caber toss, sheaf toss, stone put, brae mar, hammer throw, weight for distance, weight for height, etc….)
4. Bag piping
5. Clan tents from all families available in the region
6. Children’s activities
7. Historical societies that can detail Flathead Valley History and personal history of festival-goers
8. Wares from vendors touting Celtic goods and food (local given preference)
9. Establish a social atmosphere that is fun, family-friendly, and educational